JUMP START YOUR NEW YEAR
First of all, we would like to take this opportunity to wish you a very happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year! To give our thanks and to help you get a good start to the new year, we have put together a few simple steps to help get you back on track.
But first, lets talk a bit about the holidays. Of course, we all love the holiday parties, delicious food, festive cocktails, and spending time with the ones we love. However all that holiday "cheer" can leave us feeling a little "hungover" and just not quite our usual selves. Please read on to find out how get back to feeling great!
- Set Realistic and Sustainable Goals - By setting small, attainable goals, you are more likely to succeed and stay motivated than if you only focus on the outcome. Taking small steps such as the ones outlined here will set you up for long term success. High, lofty goals are more likely to be unsustainable and will discourage you from staying on track. For example, instead of saying "I'm not going out at all this week!" (probably not realistic) make a goal to prep your meals for the week or make a protein packed breakfast in the mornings (sustainable and realistic).
- Focus on Clean Eating - Keep your meals simple and clean. Processed and "fast" foods are out. Choose instead more lean protein, fresh veggies, nuts, seeds and whole grains. Shift your focus away from the foods you want to avoid, and focus on ways to incorporating more of the good stuff in.
- Get Moving! - Movement will make you feel better both physically and mentally by releasing endorphins, those feel good chemicals that boost your mood. Not only that, but getting a good old sweat on will help you detox from the holidays that much faster! Not motivated? Start small and, as the Nike saying goes, Just Do It! Try a morning walk while listening to your fave podcast, a bike ride with your kids, or a group exercise class with us at Balance!
- Drink Up - Try to drink at least 2 to 3 liters of filtered water a day. Try starting the day with a glass of filtered water with fresh squeezed lemon juice. This will kick start your metabolism, promote detoxification and get you feeling really great! Then, make it a habit to keep a glass or bottle of filtered water with you to sip on at all times during the day.
- Get Your Zzzz's - Rest is definitely a must if you want to look and feel your best. Make sure you get plenty of zzz's to speed up recovery from your workouts, and to promote muscle tissue repair. Lack of adequate sleep is kown to also elevate cortisol levels which in turn, promotes fat storage especially around the abdomen.
- Rock your Meal Prep - Try setting aside a bit of time to shop and prepare some simple and nourishing basics that can be made into quick meals that will last in your refrigerator or freezer for a few days. You'll save time & money, and you'll be less likely to reach for not-so-healthy convenience foods that are usually packed with empty calories and nasty chemicals.
- Join our 5 Day "Rock Your Fit Life" Jump Start Program!
Need a plan of action? Then get ready for our next "Rock Your Fit Life" nutrition plan! This 5 day plan is designed to "jump start" your nutrition as we head into the New Year. You can get started on any day that suits your schedule, and it's only 5 days that you have to commit to. The recipes are tasty, packed with protein, high in fiber, low in carbs & sugars, and are designed to help you feel great & to lose the bloat from all of the holiday indulgence. The plan also comes with a shopping list to make things even easier for you. Plus, you can keep the plan to use throughout the year anytime you feel the need to detox. These recipes can also be modified to suit individual tastes and numbers of servings, all for just CI$19, which is less than $4 per day! Are you ready to sign up? Shoot us an email or message via the contact page and we will get back in touch with you and get you started right away!
Best in Health for 2018,
Your Balance Team